No fishing tackle or clothing company has done more for the ocean and its creatures than AFTCO and the Shedd family. Some of our ocean involvement includes:
• The co-founding of SeaWorld
• The founding of the Hubbs-SeaWorld Research Institute
• Several million in cash contributions
• More than 10,000 hours of donated time to conservation issues by AFTCO’s president
• Playing a major role in the elimination of gillnets and longlines.
AFTCO stands for the American Fishing Tackle Company and was established in 1958. In 1999, AFTCO began a relationship with Guy Harvey by manufacturing and distributing “all over print” shirts incorporating Guy’s art. Then, in 2004, Guy officially partnered with AFTCO for the manufacture and distribution of all Guy Harvey sportswear, including the immensely popular Guy Harvey T-Shirts. For more than 50 years, the AFTCO name has stood for quality and dependability, backed by a family-owned company that ranks among the world’s most highly regarded saltwater fishing tackle manufacturers.