By Fred Garth
Introducing our new weekly Friday Flavors!! Each week you can find some of our favorite recipes along with cooking videos featuring our GHM staff! To kick off our first Friday Flavors, our very own Guy Harvey Magazine Editor, Fred Garth shows you the perfect way to cook Seared Tuna with helpful tips and tricks along the way! You can view the video at the bottom of this page or check it on our youtube page!
All you need to cook along with Fred is:
2 Tuna Steaks
Salt & Pepper
Nonstip Cooking Spray
And a glass of wine!
Some of Fred’s other favorite Tuna recipes are…
Marinated Tuna Steak
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 (4 ounce) tuna steaks
1. In a large non-reactive dish, mix together the orange juice, soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, oregano, and pepper. Place the tuna steaks in the marinade and turn to coat. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Preheat grill for high heat
3. Lightly oil grill grate. Cook the tuna steaks for 5 to 6 minutes, then turn and baste with the marinade. Cook for an additional 5 minutes, or to desired doneness. Discard any remaining marinade.
Grilled Teriyaki Tuna
1 cup teriyaki sauce
3/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
4 (4 ounce) fillets yellowfin tuna
1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the teriyaki sauce, oil, garlic, and pepper. Place the tuna fillets in the bag. Seal the bag with as little air in it as possible. Give the mix a good shake, to ensure the tuna fillets are well coated. Marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
2. Meanwhile, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat, and lightly oil grate.
3. Remove tuna from marinade, and place on grill. For rare tuna, grill for 3 to 5 minutes on each side. For medium, grill 5 to 8 minutes per side. For well done, grill for 8 to 10 minutes per side.
For more great Tuna recipes check out allrecipes.com!
Do you have recipe you want to share or have us try? You can submit a recipe or a video email Penny@GuyHarveyMagazine.com!