topped with Jumbo Lump Crab
& Orange Sherry Cream Sauce
Blackened Red Fish with Jumbo Lump Crab Meat:
4 8-10 oz Redfish 8-10oz filet skin-on
Blackfish Seasoning to cover flesh side
2 cans of 6.5 Jumbo Lump Crab Meat
Season the filet with the blackfish season on the flesh side
heat olive oil in a non-stick sauté pan at medium heat
lay seasoned side down first for about 4 min to blacken the filet
flip the filet to the skin side down for 1 min. to finish
Plate, top with 3 oz of Jumbo Crab Meat and sauce.
Orange Cream Sherry Sauce:
½ c Flour
¼ c Unsalted Butter
½ c Shallots, minced
1 tbsp Olive Oil
¾ c Dry Sherry
¾ c Orange Juice
¼ c Lobster base (or shrimp/fish/lobster stock)
1 pint Heavy Cream
1 tsp Orange zest
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/8 to ¼ tsp of Black Pepper, Fine grind
Yields approx 2 cups of sauce
1) In separate small sauce pan melt butter, sift in flour to make roux. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2) Sauté shallots in medium sauce pan till translucent with oil
3) While the roux is simmering add orange juice and dry sherry and reduce by a half in the pan with the sautéed shallots
4) Then, add heavy cream and lobster stock to the orange juice and dry sherry – let it come to a low boil stirring often and reduce by a quarter.
5) Add the roux a tablespoon at a time. Depending on the reduction of liquids – you probably won’t need to use all the roux. Let the sauce thicken to coat the back of a spoon
6) Season with orange zest, sea salt & black pepper.